February 26, 2012

So, what is this blog about anyway?

It's about my adventures in and inspirations for embroidery.  Embroidery has long been a hobby of mine (more on that later) and I recently became inspired to blog about it.  The inspiration has mostly come from my ever-so-late introduction into the craft/embroidery blogoshpere, and the brave efforts of my friends and acquaintances who manage their own blogs (most notably Pippa's Cabinet and Spencer Alley). 

My favorite needlework blogs are by regular (or professional) folks who have chosen to chronicle their projects, offer and take advice, and recommend books and best practices.  I love to watch the progress of their projects, how they experiment and fix their mistakes.  And I thought, hey, I could do that too.  The more the merrier, right?  Well, I guess we'll find out!

But this blog won't be strictly about my embroidery projects, past, present and future.  I'll also be sharing resources I find at  - you guessed it - my local library, and even some inspirational pictures from my hikes in Marin County and travels in the wider world.  It's a bit of a hodgepodge, I'll admit it, but ultimately I hope you'll be able to connect with something I post (please?) and maybe even be inspired yourself to pick up needle and thread (oh, pretty please?!).

China Camp State Park, Early AM

No comments:

Post a Comment